I've been tagged by Michelle, whose blog, My Italian Grandmother serves up some of the most comforting looking Italian food I've ever seen. Plus anyone sharing Italian recipe traditions holds a special place in my heart since I myself come from an Italian family.
Anyway, the rules are I have to share 6 random things about myself. Hopefully, these little tidbits below give some insight in who I am:
1. When shopping, I never ever can take the first product in the row on the shelves. I always have to reach back and get the second or third. I don't know why, it's a sickness.
2. As a little girl, the worst punishment my mom could rain down on me for bad behavior was the threat of no dessert. It still holds water today as a matter of fact :) Also, when I was little, I loved to bake, cookies, cakes, pies, brownies. Today I almost can't stand baking. Once in a while I get the baking bug, usually around Christmas and holidays, but otherwise I'm pretty content to stick with cooking.
3. On my wedding day I wore glittery ruby red high heel shoes under my dress because ever since I saw the Wizard of Oz when I was a kid, I always wanted my own pair of ruby slippers. I figured what other day besides my wedding day can I get away with wearing these crazy shoes. Everyone at my wedding loved them! I was so glad because I was afraid people would think I was nuts.
4. I met my fabulous husband randomly at a bar one night. So yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
5. My brother's girlfriend's aunt is Tori Amos, the singer. My brother and his girlfriend have been dating for nearly 10 years and I just found that out like 5 years ago. I'm slow sometimes.
6. One time in middle school I got a perm. My hair is pretty thick and naturally very wavy, so this was not something I needed to do to my hair. I cried all the way home from the hairdresser's because I hated it so much. Then when I got home and it dried, I brushed it out thinking I could straighten it and my hair was huge. I cried even more. Then I eventually got used to it and just waited patiently for it to grow out. Then never got one again. I'm so glad the 80s and 90s are over.
So here are the rules of the game:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules.
3. Write 6 (or 7) random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people and link to their blogs.
5. Let each person know they were tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry has been published.
Here's who I'm putting in the hot seat:
1. That Girl at Paved with Good Intentions
2. Carrie at Carrie's Sweet Life
3. Jen at Made With Love
4. Wife Plzak at Big City Cooking
5. Mary Ellen at Mary Ellen's Cooking Creations
6. Tricia at Tricia's Kitchen
Tag ladies! You're turn to spill :)
Come and Get It! by Ree
1 hour ago