Saturday, January 31, 2009

Visit the Patient Party!

Since my husband is laid-up and not very mobile since his ankle surgery, I decided to have a bunch of friends and family over for dinner. Tonight is the night and I've got a great menu planned (well, in my humble opinion at least.)
I've incorporated a lot of recipes I've come across on blogs, as well as some from my favorite books. Here's the final menu:

Appetizers
Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Gorgonzola Cheese
Spinach Mozzarella Palmiers (adapted from a combo of Ina Garten's savory palmiers and Michele of My Italian Grandmother's Spinach Pinwheels .)
Bruschetta (store-bought) with Crostini
Assorted Olives
Crudite with Blue Cheese Dressing (store-bought)

Dinner
Pear & Feta Salad with Candied Walnuts and Sliced Red Pepper
Lemon-Spiced Chicken
Seafood Lasagna (adapted from a recipe on Melissa's blog Delicious Melicious .)
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Garlic

Dessert
Limoncello Bars
Mini-Orange Chocolate Cakes (recipe from Ina Garten)
Chocolate Chip Cookies

I can't wait to update this week with photos and recipes! Here's hoping everything comes out delicious. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great menu! Hope your husband recovers quickly. Have a great dinner party!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

How thoughtful and what a great party to host for your husband! Many get well vibes his way and your menu sounds fabulous!

Colleen said...

Looks like a fabulous meal! And how nice of you to cook for your poor husband!

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

What a great idea! That is so sweet! Everything sounds delicious.

Michele said...

How did it go? Everything sounds fabulous!